1. I just dropped my 6yo son off for his first day of a Star Wars-themed drama class. They'll be working on a stage version (!) of "Return of the Jedi" this fall. He loves Star Wars in that cute way little boys do, and he's so excited. I am so jealous I can barely stand it. I want to do it!! Why don't they have these things for adults?? I mean, I guess I could join a LLARP group, but still. I will have to live vicariously through him these next few months.
2. DH had his first colonoscopy this morning. Those are unpleasant enough, but his dad is a survivor of stage 4 colon cancer, so naturally DH was really terrified that they'd find something. The results were 100% fine, though, and we were all very relieved!
3. My "Let's make room for moderate opinions" post on Tumblr yesterday was really well-received, to my great surprise. Of course, I have no idea if it will go anywhere. I would love to work up the nerve to post something about TJLC, but I'm still not sure how it would go.
4. I posted another chapter of "The Hollow Now" yesterday, and it was also very well-received. I'm pleased with how it turned out, and so, so grateful for the amazing beta work that drinkingcocoa does. I've always made an effort to power through WIPs and post chapters once a week, but this time I'm not doing that. I'm taking my time and posting when a chapter is ready. And damn if I'm not enjoying that! It's so much less stressful this way.
5. I got edits made on my original short story for the New Smut Project Anthology and turned that in. I'm pleased with how that story turned out. I may occasionally try to write short things to submit for publication, just for the hell of it. :-)
6. Slowly working on getting DH to agree to adopt a kitten to be a playmate for our new kitty Plum. She's driving our elderly cat crazy, and many people have told me that was the solution that finally worked for them in this situation. Our local shelter has SO MANY little black kittens right now, and I can't help wondering if any of them are Plum's babies!
7. I am sitting in a Starbucks with a green tea frappuccino while BG is in his drama class, so bonus time to write! I'm currently working on a draft of something special for a friend's recent birthday, so hopefully I can make some progress on that this afternoon.
Thanks for reading and commenting on these posts! It's been a lot of fun. :-)