Title: The Hollow Now
Author: Emma Grant
Pairings: John/Sherlock, John/Mary
Summary: Almost two years after the events of HLV, John has an accident and loses all memory of the last four years of his life: meeting Mary, Sherlock returning, and everything since.
Length: 2950 words this chapter; 5500 total so far
Tags: amnesia, probably inaccurate science and medicine, baby Watson, infidelity, romance,
1. Written for Benedictcumberbatchruinedme, who bid on a fic from me for the Sherlock Committee Fic Auction for DashCon 2014. This story is based on her prompt.
2. Please be warned that this story takes a fairly sympathetic view of the character of Mary Morstan. If that doesn’t work for you, I’d prefer you just not read rather than leave negative comments. Thanks in advance for your understanding.
3. This story plays fast and loose with the science regarding memory loss resulting from traumatic brain injury (TBI). No offense is intended. If I get something wrong and you can’t overlook it for the sake of the plot, I’d prefer you email me privately to let me know (emmagrant01 at gmail).
4. I will be doing a lot of traveling for the next couple of months and may not be able to post chapters weekly (as I usually do). I will post as frequently as I can, and I thank you in advance for your patience!
5. I asked for a manip to go with this fic and three different people created one! The image above was created by watsonsdick.
6. Huge thanks to drinkingcocoa for her thoughtful advice and commentary on earlier drafts of this chapter!
Link: on AO3